The EELISA Community for Energy Transition and International Exchange was created by students who met for the first time in Saint-Brieuc in France in October 2021 during the FAFA (Fédération des Associations Franco Allemandes pour l’Europe) congress on energy transition.
After this event, they wanted to keep in touch and pursue their relationships based on their
academic field. That’s why they established the EELISA Community for
Energy Transition and International Exchanges.
After the visit in France, the idea was that the German students show their country and share their way of living and studying
One of the major European companies with locations in Paris and Erlangen working on maintaining and modernizing nuclear power plants is Framatome GmbH. In the cycle of energy conversion, power generation is of major importance. As we all know, Europe is dependent on some resources that are not in its geographical space which generates geopolitical issues and brings some difficulties to exporting our human value around the world. For a European university alliance as EELISA, studying and thinking about how to use and produce energy in a sustainable way is thus essential.
Student Community Members are active in Academic Projects related to Energy Transition
All of our EELISA Community student members worked also scientifically on the topic of energy transition. Project works or final theses dealt with expansion and benefits of DC power grids, CO2 balances of various drive options for cars, or energy-efficient construction of houses.
Student members and their research projects
- Jacopo Pasqualotto: OffGrid Energy systems in sub-saharan Africa
- Rodrigue Estephan, Clara Bachaalany: Energy efficient buildings
- Franziska Mehrbach: Measuring Corporate Carbon Footprints (CCF). Corporate
Climate Responsibility or Greenwashing?
- Yara Daaboul, Michael Khairallah: Alternative gas resources (H2 production through
- Arjun Sankar: Emerging Clean Combustion Technologies
- Alexandre Moiny (ENPC): Well-to-Wheel analysis of different fuels (fossil fuels, biofuels,
- Anna Metzenroth (FAU): Power Quality
- Jolan Kerrien: Environmental impacts of air conditioning systems
- Louis Freboeuf : Recycling of Batteries – Li-ion polymers in Molten salt bath
- Moritz Barta (PSL) and Ralph Bouez (PSL): impact on health of sustainable transportation
- Kayla Li: Study of SOFC components using DFT modeling
- Jonathan Löbel (FAU): Changes in the electrical grid due to the elimination of coal and nuclear power plants and a possible solution